In this episode:
In this episode of The Fearless Females Podcast your host Tegan Mathews interviews Christie Pinto who shares:
- How she overcame a lifetime of fears after a childhood of abuse
- The one technique that had a massive impact on removing her fears
- The power of letting go and forgiveness
- What drove her to change careers completely mid-life
- Using the heart breathing technique to guide you
Tegan’s Take Aways:
- The power of forgiveness – understanding that some people are doing the best they can with what they know at the time
- The benefits of letting go of bitterness– makes you lighter and free-er
- A nice reminder that You are already enough just as you are
- Start your day with “Who am I going to help today?”
- Connect with your heart – it is there you will find all of the answers you need
About Christie Pinto
Christie Pinto is a dynamic Personal Coach, Mentor, Healer and Author. She is driven by a profound belief that when we live from the heart our lives become more joyful and fulfilling.
Christie’s vision is to help millions of people around the world connect deeply with themselves so so they can live life on purpose and create a life they truly love while having a lot of fun!
Through her coaching and writing Christie has already enabled many people around the world to lead more purposeful and fulfilling lives. With a former corporate background in information technology and projects, Christie found that after more than 15 years in this arena her true purpose lay elsewhere. At the age of 40 inspite of a great deal of fear, Christie made the courageous decision to follow her heart, and moved into the coaching and healing space.
One of Christie’s outstanding talents is the ability to seamlessly combine her knowledge of Universal Laws, NLP, coaching and business. Her background as a senior consultant proved to be an amazing asset in her new environment enabling Christie to combine her coaching and healing skills with her business knowledge to deliver a holistic approach.
She refers to what she does as “combining the spiritual with the practical”! Christie says “ I love it when my clients start to see the bigger picture of life from a higher perspective and their “issues” at a daily level suddenly become insignificant or disappear altogether”.
Christie’s ideal clients are those who want to make a difference in the world.
Contact Christie Pinto
A Gift for Listeners From Christie Pinto:
Download the instructions to the Heart Breathing technique and connect with your heart and your inner guidance.
By entering your name & email address we agree we won’t share your details with anyone! You will receive your download plus occasional emails from Christie Pinto. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Show Notes: Episode 006: Christie Pinto
The Fearless Females Podcast Show Notes – Episode 006 – Christie Pinto
Christie Pinto’s Fearless Story
- I was born in a beautiful part of the world – Goa India, where people holiday
- But my childhood was far from beautiful
- I experienced sexual abuse from someone
- As well as physical and emotional abuse from my parents
- I didn’t escape that abuse for a large part of my life
- Instead, I became more and more fearful of life
- Up until my mid to late thirties on the surface, I looked confident
- Some sort of strength kept me going rather than falling apart or having a nervous breakdown
- I basically built up a fear of everything over the years
How did you turn it around?
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- My very first course I learnt about the conditioning I had as a child
- About the beliefs I had formed, the values I had formed and some of the patterns I had formed
- It was a total revelation
- It allowed me to see why I was so fearful and why I was the way I was
- This helped me to step out of that
- During the course you also learn techniques that you have to practice on yourself and others
- Doing those techniques freed me of the old beliefs and patterns
- It allowed me to feel much more hopeful
- Since then I have continued to do things that have added to that and keep removing the old fears and old beliefs
- Replacing them with something that is more positive and makes me feel more empowered
- That has been my journey since around my fortieth birthday which is almost ten years ago
What are some of the things you used to be afraid of but aren’t any more?
- Afraid of dying – any time I heard of a disease, I was afraid of catching it
- I heard about hepatitis I would worry I was going to catch that, if I heard about cancer then I would worry about that and so on
- I laugh about it now because it seems so long ago but that’s who I was then
- Another fear I had was I was always afraid of losing my job
- There was no logical reason to show that I would lose my job, in fact I was always getting positive feedback
- But I was afraid that one day someone was going to find out that I was a fake and they were going to fire me
- And now I say it, I know it sounds ludicrous but that was me for most of my career in IT
What was pivotal in your decision to completely change careers?
- I had always had people come to me to discuss their issues
- Even as far back as in university and I realised how much I loved listening to people and helping them to work through issues
- I hadn’t heard of life coaching until a friend introduced me to it
- I suddenly realised that what I loved doing was something that I could possibly do as a career
- I was also working through my own issues and I could see others had the same issues
- The same insecurities, the same stress, not really enjoying life fully
- I thought, there has to be something more than this
- As I discovered things that helped me, I wanted to share it with other people
- This was when I realised this was something I would really rather be doing
- I’ve been a coach now for over ten years
Most Memorable Moment
- There have been so many
- I guess I would group them into when a client has been struggling with an issue for years and not been able to work through it
- Suddenly they have a light bulb moment and they can see a solution or the problem disappears and I can see in their eyes how free they are without having that problem
- That lights up my life and makes my heart sing
- And it makes me cry every time!
- I just care so much and I live for those moments
What are the gifts you received from your experience?
- A lot of what happened was when we moved to London and I was alone with my parents
- I realised they were ill equipped to look after children
- The gift I received from that is as a mother I am much more aware of how I am bringing her up and how I am nurturing her
- It has been wonderful to be given that awareness of how to be present with my child
- My parents, through no fault of their own, didn’t get that level of understanding
- You can only do the best with what you know and they simply didn’t know
- I realised that if you haven’t been given the gift of insight then you end up doing things that are less than helpful for yourself or others
- As a coach, it’s made me realise that my role is to help people gain the insights so that they can be better people and be the best version of themselves
- It also taught me the power of forgiveness
- When I forgave my parents with the understanding they were just doing the best they could with what they knew
- I felt lighter, I felt free-er
- My father on his death bed, I had felt bitterness towards him for most of my life
- Then I realised, in terms of a physical form, there was nothing more, so what was the point of all of my bitterness
- In that moment I forgave him and let go
- I told him, you have been terrible to me but I would not wish death on you
- In that moment a huge weight lifted from me
- Ever since then I have been on that journey of feeling lighter and free-er and more at peace
- That was a beautiful gift to come from that experience and if I hadn’t experienced what I had, then I wouldn’t have learnt that
What are you passionate about today?
- What gets me out of bed each day is coffee LOL
- Plus, who am I going to help today?
- What will my clients be experiencing and what skills will I get to utilise today
- It’s never the same
- I love the challenge, which I never used to in my fearful days
- But now I realise that the more I stretch myself and the more people I have helped, the more I grow
What is something in your future plan that scares you
- It doesn’t matter how many times I speak in front of people I still get scared
- It doesn’t stop me doing it and I will continue to do it, despite of my fear
- A lot of people share that fear of public speaking and even the experts still admit to feeling fear
- It’s a matter of embracing it and not letting it stop you
Five Fast Fun Fearless Facts about Christie Pinto
- Who inspires you? My publisher Emily Gower who in her mid twenties established her own publishing business, is a successful author of eight books, she created the Inspiration Bible and is the publisher of my book “Who has got your back”
- Favourite thing to do each day? Exercise – it helps to ground me, and keep me moving to slow down the aging process + latte’s!
- What’s something that still scares you? Public speaking for sure
- Favourite technique or app or book? App = I am a Facebook addict! Self-confessed. Website = heartmath.com free resources to help you live more from your heart.
- If you could wave a magic wand and fix one thing in the world right now, what would it be and why? I would love if people could see everything they have inside of them, all of the gifts they have already been given and that they already are enough, more than enough. If I had the magic wand I would like to wave away the vales that stop them from seeing that clearly
If you could turn back time what’s the one piece of advice you wish you could give your fourteen-year-old self?
- You are already enough!
- You don’t have to be anything more
- I wish I could tell her that she already has everything she needs inside her
- Not to listen to the people who want to put her down or bring her down
- It’s time she found the people who will support her because there are plenty of them, just be willing to look for them
Where can people reach out to you? www.crystalclearhorizons.biz
Facebook – Crystal Clear Horizons
A Gift for Listeners From Christie Pinto:
Download the instructions to the Heart Breathing technique and connect with your heart and your inner guide.