THE FEARLESS FEMALES PODCAST OUTLINE
Thank you for being willing to be a part of The Fearless Females podcast. I'm super excited to have the opportunity to interview you and to share your story.
This interview outline below is designed to give you an idea of the questions I may be asking during the interview and give you the opportunity to be prepared. This can enable you to feel more comfortable and confident and can save time during the interview and editing process.
Remember this podcast has been created to inspire women all over the world on how they can face their fears just like you did, but this can only happen if you have the courage to be open and vulnerable with your answers.
In order to provide the most informative experience for The Fearless Female listeners I will be asking you questions that are all about the "How". These may dig deep into your personal experiences so please let me know in advance if there is anything you would rather not discuss.
A GIFT FOR THE LISTENERS
As an interviewee, you have the opportunity to offer a gift for each listener such as a free download or a complimentary introductory session. The idea here is to get people to experience your product and to provide leads for your business. A page will be created on the Facing Fears website for your podcast and your contact details and if you offer a downloadable gift this is where it will be located or we can add a link to a landing page on your website. For example: www.facingfears.com.au/yourname. By doing it this way you can measure the traffic you specifically get from the podcast listeners.
Please don't feel obliged to provide a gift. If you don't have one Facing Fears can offer an option to the listeners. The most important thing is to share your story and inspire our listeners to take action in their own lives.
If you didn't fill in the details of your gift during your application but you would like to now, or you would like to change the details please email me the details before the interview at [email protected]
INTERVIEW OUTLINE & QUESTIONS
I will briefly introduce myself, then introduce you. Who you are today and what you do.
Then I will briefly describe your story and/or challenge that you have had to overcome in your life, which leads into Question 1 below.
Note: These are some of the questions I might ask. I wont necessarily ask all of them and we may go off on tangents and explore your answers in greater detail but this will give you a good idea in order to prepare (if any of these questions are obviously not relevant to you please ignore them).
1. Name a specific time when you had to face a challenge, overcome a struggle or experienced a trauma in your life.
2. What were you afraid of when you went through that experience? What were the fears you had to face in order to overcome or get through that experience? (The goal here is to define at least one of the fears you had at the time)
3. How did you make it through that experience? How did you face your fear(s)? How did you turn it all around? (I'm looking for the steps you took that the listener might be able to replicate in their own life. What were your thoughts at the time, what actions did you take, who did you ask for help from? etc)
4. How do you feel about that situation/experience today and what have you learnt from it? Any specific Ah-Ha moments? What have been the gifts from it? How has it shaped who you are today?
5. What is one of your most memorable moments since then and what made it so special for you?
6. What are you passionate about today and what are you currently working on that brings you joy and freedom?
9. What’s something in your future plan that scares you & how are you going to deal with that?
Five Fast Fun Fearless Facts about you
This section is designed to be fun and to help the listener to get to know a little more about you. Don't worry if you haven't got any mind blowing answers just be yourself. Keep your answers short and have fun.
- Who inspires you?
- What's your favourite thing to do each day?
- What's something that used to scare you and still does? e.g. mine is spiders
- Favourite technique or app or book you'd like to share with the listeners?
- If you could wave a magic wand and fix one thing in the world right now, what would it be and why?
I'll announce the gift for the listeners here.
10. If you could turn back time what's the one piece of advice you wish you could give your fourteen-year-old self?
Where can people reach out to you? (website address/Facebook/LinkedIn)
I will finish off with "Thank you to our fabulous guest [guest name] "
Interview Officially Concludes - Don't hang up though!
After the official interview concludes I like to check in with you about how you felt the interview went? Was there anything you weren't comfortable with? Anything you think I can improve on?
I will also ask you who would you recommend I interview next on the show? And why them? And I will explain the process of what happens after the interview.
THE EDITING PROCESS - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Please note that not all of what you say will end up in the show. This will be because of time and the nature of the editing process. The producers of The Fearless Females Podcast accept responsibility without liability for their decisions when it comes to editing the content for the show.
During the interview process it's also easy to get carried away sometimes and this is often when the best conversations occur. Having said that, if there is a specific piece of content you don't want to share with The Fearless Females Podcast listeners then you must notify us in writing at [email protected] within 24 hours to ensure it gets deleted during the editing process.
You will be notified when your podcast interview will be uploaded and available to listeners. Occasionally, this may change suddenly and is at the discretion of the producers. You will be notified as soon as possible of any changes however Facing Fears and The Fearless Females Podcast production team accept no liability for the affect these changes may have on you or your business.
SHARING IS CARING
I always strive to create mutually agreeable win win situations. For being part of The Fearless Females Podcast your information will be promoted in the following ways and I would love the same in return:
• On the Facing Fears website
• Through various tweets on Twitter
• Promoted on Instagram
• Promoted on Facing Fears public Facebook page
• Linked to the blog post transcription
• Posted & linked on Linkedin
• Promoted on Periscope
• Shared on the Facing Fears private Facebook group page
GOT AN IDEA OR NEED SOME FEARLESS SUPPORT?
I love to collaborate with other Fearless Females.
If you have an idea or something you would like to work together on,
send me a message. The answer will always be no unless you choose to ask the question so don't be afraid to ask.
If you need some Facing Fears support you can:
• Work with me one to one
• Take one of the online courses
• Join The Fearless Females Club
• Join Facing Fears private Facebook
FACE YOUR FEARS AND FIND YOUR FREEDOM
About your Fearless Female Interviewer
Tegan Mathews is known as The Fearless Female due to her passion to support women world wide with learning how to Face their Fears and find the courage to reveal their true self.
Having survived a childhood of abuse, rape, suicide and much more she has shared her personal journey in the book Facing Fears - Finding the courage to reveal the real you. In Facing Fears she shares her experiences, what she learnt from those experiences and provides practical exercises everyone can apply to become more fearless.
Tegan is passionate about changing the way society creates shame and guilt around the topic of abuse by publishing her book and openly challenging society beliefs on the subject and through public speaking engagements.
The Fearless Females Podcast was created to share the incredible stories of other Fearless Females and inspire listeners to believe in their own strengths and abilities through real life examples.
This, combined with the Fearless Females Club and private Facebook groups, provides the ongoing support that is needed by women all over the world to constantly be able to Face their Fears and Find their Freedom. Thank you for being a part of this process and sharing your story.